Our History

town-band-1883Lymington Town Band has been in existence since 1883 when twelve musicians met at the Anglesey Temperance Hotel, now the Thomas Tripp, to consider forming a Band. They practised first in a room at Pardey’s Dairy, Buckland, later in a room at the Sea Water Baths, then in a small hall at Woodside, before settling at the Literary Institute where the band practised until recently.   After half a dozen title changes over the years, Lymington Military Concert Band performed a centenary gala night concert at the Masonic Hall.  Nowadays, under conductor Clive Burroughs,  Lymington Town Band maintains its fine tradition.




With grateful thanks to the Klitz Family for the use of the 1883 photograph